Should I tell mil off or just keep the peace???

Yesterday my mil called and asked for my hubby. When he got home, I told him to call her. He called and the question she had for him was how many people will you have at your son's party? My hubby responded by telling his mother that she could've asked me! Should I say something to mil? Or my hubby took care of her? Usually she is nice, but I guess she had a blonde moment. Should I keep quiet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• If he answered her, what would be the purpose of you saying anything else?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• maybe she just wanted to talk to her son. it isnt a ig deal. and he told her that she could have just asked you. so he defended you i guess. let it go. it could be so much worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• your hubby told her what she needed to hear.

you can call her up and ask her if her son answer her question?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• You know that is something that you will have to decide. Has you MIL does this kinda of thing before? I had to cut my MIL out of our lives. She was a huge drama queen and constant lies and it got to the point where my husband and I were on the verge of divorce. So yeah I cut her out and he was fine with that. I can say our life has been stress free!! Lol
    Do what you feel is best for your family and of course talk to the hubby.

ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• She can talk to her son if she wants and should never be made to feel she can't call your home because you might answer the phone and tell her off. It doesn't matter what she wants to talk to her son about. Mind your own business.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It is my party so it is my business...............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• No, in this case I think saying anything more than your dh already said would be an overraction. Like others have said she probably just wanted to talk to her son and maybe she didn't have a reason she just wanted to talk to him, is that so wrong?I might not have even been any thing against you anyway. Try to let the little things go it will make your life easier.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I would just let the matter go. Your husband spoke up to his mom about it, and he handled the situation. I would not bother saying anything to her- as it would just make the matter seem bigger than it is, and could cause hurt feelings.
    If she does this all the time I would make it a point to say to her when you answer the phone "Bob is not here right now, is there something I could help you with?"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Yep I agree let it go. That is minor in the grand scheme of things.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Let it go. If she is going to be petty and not ask you, fine. Let your DH deal with her. It sounds like he did, good for him, btw. If it really was just a momentary lapse of common sense, even though it doesn't seem like it was, you'll be all the better for letting it go.

And I agree, you are throwing the party so it is your business.
    Anonymous