• In the Spotlight:

VENT!!!!!!! Husbands POS car

So my husband has had the same POS car since he was 16 or 17... it is rusty, mismatched paint on doors and body, hugeeee crack in the windshield... and he refuses to even take a a small maybe 2500-5000 loan for a better car. Oh wait there is MORE!
He got pulled over months ago for the windshield... but never replaced it. Got pulled over again TODAY and got a ticket... if he replaces the windshield today, they will void the ticket. So he is doing that. Then he goes to leave from the house from making the appointment (oh did I mention he has to miss work today for this and he gets paid hourly? yea!) and his battery is dead. Oh really? Just one more thing.
We moved out of state to here a year ago and he STILL has his other state license, not this state, so that got him in more trouble with the cop. So now he is finally getting the new one.
So instead of buying a new car and putting the 200 for the windshiled (cont)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• we have to put it into this POS and it will only look minimally less like it came from the junk yard.
    It isn't worth a paint job that costs hundreds... they car is with ZERO... it is embarrassing... my grandparents live in a "ritzy" neighborhood and they won't even allow him to park it in front of their house. It's pretty bad.
    I just wish he would get over the whole "I don't want to be in debt" thing. I get it... but we ARE getting a few thousand for our tax return and we have a few thousand saved (which will go toward rent for the next few months anyway). But I am just so sick of this eyesore to the BLIND that he refuses to sell (or ya know junk out) because it "still runs" and we "don't need anything else". GAH!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• he loves his car, get a loan and make it good as new. Work with him on this one.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• its just a car, let him have it, my husband has his truck, they are boys at heart and need their toys, he obviously likes it. I would laugh and say lets go for a ride in the hoopty. And as far as the "ritxy" neighborhood, and I never say anything bad on here but come on that sounds soooooo stuck up. That must be hard on your husband for you guys to bash on his car and make him park somewhere else, you all are better than his car??? thats silly. i would agree if he likes the car and you guys are saving your tax return money for something that you really need then let it be
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 11:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I'm with you on this one. there's a time when his "baby" needs to go,and this is it! It sounds like a money pit. It can't be good on gas milage! It'd be one thing if it was old and kept up,but like you said,its a piece of s*it!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i totally understand your situation. I dealt with the same thing with my hubby and his car. Not as bad as yours but definantly a eye soar and a piece of crap. So today he is finally getting another car. Years of being on the side or the highway, dead batteries, blown tires, and slipping brakes finally pushed him to be fed up. just hang in there and start looking for the best deals possible even if you have to go to the auction and pay a few hundred bucks.
    Anonymous

• It could be worse, you could have the opposite problem...No Money but Dh wants the biggest, bestest car he cannot afford and then spends all of his time taking care of it..only to trade it in every year for a new one!!!
    Anonymous

• Depending on where you live my husband is a wonderful mechanic who does not over charge message me if you want
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I do love that song, BUSYLOVINGHIM... I make my DH listen to it all the time lol... and i know waht you are saying...

I am grateful that we have 2 cars... that run... etc... its just that I am so SICK of it being so ICKY!

Oh well.. I suppose we will get there. I will not give up! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2010