On my sons 2nd birthday he deceided to climb out of his crib. I immediately put him in a toddler bed after the crib tent was a no go. The toddler bed did not work. I put him back in his crib and kept the side rail down. He seems more comfortable w/being back in his crib. However, now he is getting out of bed at 3am and wont go back to bed. Does anyone have advice on how I can get him to sleep until a decent hour? Or What should I do when he wakes up at this hour??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We didnt put up with that, we put a gate up at the door. When she climbed that, we put 2 gates up lol. Hub and I didn't give any leniency with bedtimes and sleep time. Unless the kids were sick of course. But sleeping was NOT an option for our kids lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It's normal for human children to be sleeping with their mothers at night and to wake until they are 3 or older and make sure they aren't alone. It is a survival mechanism that is hardwired in the brain. In most of the world children still sleep with their mothers.

I co-slept with my children at this age. I would not recommend trapping them in their room. You could try later bedtimes or letting him in your bed when he wakes. It won't be forever.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• lessen his naps so he's more tired at night
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010