Police Officer wives ONLY

Yesterday while my sleeping daughter was in her carseat and I in the passanger side, a lady in her truck hit my car. She busted part of the bumper and the tail light. As my husband came out she was more than angry trying to get me to point out where she "didnt" hit my car. Needless to say 2 hours later the sheriff came and told my husband because the woman felt scared he could take him to jail. He also brought up the inrelavent fact that he has 2 points on his record. The officer said he didn't want to make a report. He said he was picking sides but what he said was the same statements the woman said.

My question is can you ask your boyfriends/husbands/significant other what was the right thing to do in the case.

GutierrezBeauty

Asked by GutierrezBeauty at 11:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband used to do accident investigations for a living, and he doesn't get the two hours later part.

We don't have the whole picture but he says the CORRECT thing to do in an accident like this is to exchange information, take photos of the damage, LEAVE and call your insurance. It is NOT correct to engage in ANY kind of blame dialogue at all or to have any conversation beyond exchange of licenses and insurance info. Unless the car was undrivable you should have been home or to your destination only about 20 minutes late.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• why did you ask for police officer wives? what about women police officers?
    Anonymous

• IDK I guess they would have been on the opposite side. I wanted for a other mother who is married to a police officer to ask for her man's opinion. We are in the predicament over a "woman' so I don't want another woman's opinion.
    GutierrezBeauty

Answer by GutierrezBeauty at 1:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Thank you sooo much. We live in Compton and I have to say that is going to be the main reason we were left waiting for 2 hours. He refused to look at our evidence. He was very rude and although he said it was a she said he said situation he sided with the woman becuase by the time he got there my other two brother in laws whom were in the area stoped by for a second and third opinion on our damage. We tried honestly to exchange information but she refused to speak to us after she found out that we had called for a police officer to further assist us.
    GutierrezBeauty

Answer by GutierrezBeauty at 9:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2010