Anyone think it's crazy...

That women with 1 year olds want to be pregnant again! A lot of my friends with 1 year olds are already planning on getting pregnant again. I have a 1 year old and the thought of having another so soon makes me want to cry. My daughter was a very hard to handle newborn, on top of the fact that the birth was pretty horrific (infected c-section). Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's crazy for me, but a lot of people like their kids close in age.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I got pregnant a month after my daughter turned one. Now I've got a 2 1/2 year old beautiful little girl, and a 9 month old handsome little man. They are wonderful. And yes, it's been a handful,and it's hard...but it's SO worth it. Trust me =)
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• well with my first i was 19 when he was born and in now way ready for another anytime soon. But with my second 4 years later lol I was ready and then my dh was more ready just cause he didn't want to have kids when he's too old so I now have a 2 and 3 year old and I tell people to wait lol.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 12:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Well it isn't crazy. It is natures way of producing more, carrying on the species. I had two really great and easy babies in a row so I thought I would go for it. When I found out I was preggo and due at the busiest time of the year in my bakery I wanted to scream.
    Third times a charm so to speak- she was a difficult baby, child and not so difficult teenager. Gotta love the natural birth control she would never go to sleep and then when she did she would come in my room and stand right next to my face. Fun, fun, fun.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It is not crazy to me. I had my two 19 months apart. I love having them so close in age. They are now 5 and 3 1/2 and best friends. It was hard for the first few months but I am so glad we decided to have them close together.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I've known people who wanted to get pregnant right after giving birth. But I agree w/ you, I only just now in the last few months feel ready to have another one (but we are waiting until next year to start trying). My labor was painful (by my standards!) because my epidurals were so messed up. The thought of going through that again was terrifying. But I'm to a place now where I think I could handle it again. I just needed time to get through it. But at 1 year? It wasn't going to happen.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't think it's crazy. It's their choice, not mine.
    Anonymous

• yes. better u than me.
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 1:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I had mine 2.5 yrs apart and it was great....until puberty hit. Then one would grow out of it and the other entered it! It was hell for a few years but we all made it out alive!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• By the time my oldest turned one I was already 6 months pregnant with my son. And when he turned one I was 8 months pregnant with my 2nd daughter. There is 28 months (2 years and 2 months) between #1 and #3 with my son in the middle (15 months younger then my oldest daughter and 13 months older then my middle daughter).

It was rough the first few years but so much fun. I can't imagine doing it any other way. They are 9, 8 and 7 now and are very close, share everything and have all the same friends. I still dread the teen years with 3 teenagers. I'm sure that will be a bigger hell then having 3 toddlers.

Until I did it myself I thought people were nuts for having kids close together. But I enjoyed it (for the most part). And they were all c-section babies and the 2nd one was my horror baby---reflux and colic. Ugh. Luckily the girls were perfect babies and never cried or fussed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2010