Why do some woman not wear tampons?

This I don't understand. Although I've never used pads, they just seam gross and unsanitary. The thought of sleeping all night with that in between my legs and walking around all day sitting in it doesn't seam very cleanly. And don't get me started on what it would be like down there if you don't shave and wear one.
Anyhow, I just don't really understand what they were invented for and why they are still used when there are tampons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Health

• lol. Yeah. I can't use pads. Drove me CRAZY when I had to wear them after giving birth. It feels like you're sitting in a dirty diaper all day. It's disgusting. Tampons are just so much better. You can't feel them and it's not yucky haha. I totally agree with you on this one.
    Anonymous

• I can't stand tampons. I don't like the feeling of them at all.I feel more comfortable with a pad, and I change it as often as necessary.It's not anymore gross than a bloody tampon is.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i used to,but after I had my kids,they just don't fit right anymore. I guess I stretched out a bit! I regularly trim so I'm not creating a mess when I use pads!
    Anonymous

• i like tampons too. i usually sleep in a pad cause my mom used to freak me out about toxic shock syndrome but I cant imagine using only pads all the time. I do have to wear a pantyliner alot with my tampon due to heavy flow.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i use tampons I think pads are gross also but i think for some they are uncomfortable.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 12:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Playtex is the best in the pink box. OB is good but can bulk up.........
    Anonymous

• I have never liked tampons. Pads just work well for me

Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Some woman think that useing tampons means you're not a virgin anymore. Others think the feel uncomfortable, some are afraid they will get dss (I think that's what it's called don't remeber for sure though) and you can't use they right after you have a baby (but you probably already know that one) I can't think of any more reasons.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Tampons didn't work for me. They always leak. I don't use tampons or pads, personally I think both are disgusting. I use a cup.
    Anonymous

• I can't wear tampons. I am allergic to something in them, no matter what kind I buy. They actually are painful to me, so I have no choice but to use pads. It's not that bad, you get used to it after many years of wearing them.
    Anonymous