how to get my daughter to listen better

my oldest daughter will be 3 year old at the end of the month this month.While i was staying with my older sister in wyomong for 2 1/2 month i was able to get sydney on a set bedtime and had her on a daily routine but when we go home all that went out the window.Now sydney back talks,pinches hit, screams all the time,and she will only listen to my parents and her dad.I fight with her when i go to put her to bed.It doesnt help that her dad will tell her not to worrie about what ever i told her to do. And the last straw was the other day i was comming out of my room and she called me a f***ing b****.Any advice will be great i need something to help me with syd.

thank you

daneda

danniann87

Asked by danniann87 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow. She's a little out of control for being 3. But my daughter is the same way when it comes to who she listens to. I can sit there and tell her to put away her toys, and she'll just look at me and say, "no!" and then daddy walks in and says CLEAN UP YOUR TOYS and she gets right on it. She listens to him in a heart beat, but she could care less what mommy has to say. I don't know how to help lol...i guess you need to tell daddy to back off and let you try and handle things from now on....she needs to respect you more. she doesn't respect you because daddy says she doesn't have to listen to you.
    Anonymous

• Someone is teaching her to be abusive bc children learn what they live. If dad is doing that then you have a bigger problem than her just being rude. When you were away from dad she was behaving. That should tell you something. He's obviously not a good role model. Keeping her in a home that is verbally abusive teaches her that it's ok for men to talk to you and her like that so she'll grow up and marry an abuser as well. Good luck with this. The damage that is being done to your child can't be "fixed" by advice here other than remove her from the abuse and she'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• YOur not going to get alot of respect from your child if you allow your husband to undermind you. YOu need to respect yourself first. Your husband does not respect your and he is not acting as your husband. I don't think there is any advice that can be offerd that would work if you cant fix that issue right there.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2010