Anyone know about diets

I am wanting to start a diet but not quite sure on how to start.I want to try and lose about 40 pounds by july hopefully.I was looking around at diet pills and that but i dont know which ones are safe or not.If anyone has any info or advice about diet pills and excersises and what to eat or just any advice about this that would be great!! thanx

Babygurl2409

Asked by Babygurl2409 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No to the diet pills (in my opinion). Cut out sugar and salt, soft drinks, white bread, white rice and white potatoes. Eat leafy green and colorful vegetables (preferably fresh). Eat fresh fruit. Reduce portions at meal time. Do strength training and resistance bands and whatever other exercise you like. You can get it off without pills as long as you have no underlying medical condition to prohibit weight loss

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Stackers XPLC . They work only don't take them at night, they keep you up. Brown rice, no red meat and tons of veggies and fruits.
    Anonymous

• i've tried many different diets, some work short term, but you put the weight right back on as soon as u stop. What really works is taking in fewer calories and exercising more. My doctor has suggested weight watchers which really does work. If you look online you should be able to find enough info about it with out actually paying to go to the meetings.... good luck!!
    Anonymous

• A food journal is the best thing. You'll record everything you eat and the calories in it. When you eat up your daily calories, you're done for the day.

If you try to eat 70% of your calories from raw food, you'll get to eat a lot of food, feel really full, and get nutrition. Only drink water. You don't want to spend calories on non-food.

Diet pills don't work. They'll make you feel really crappy. Here is an online calorie calculator so you know how much you can eat and lose weight http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• All you need to know is calories in vs. calories out. Eat fewer calories than you burn in a day and you'll lose weight. The rest(what to eat and not eat) is all theory based on one doctor/nutritionist/trainer's opinion. The reason you eat veggies is because they are lower cal and you can eat more of them. Not because they really do anything to promote weightloss.

I could eat 1200 calories a day of sugar straight out of the bag and as long as I'm burning 1201+ a day I'll lose weight. Granted, I wouldn't be healthy, but the point is don't buy into all the crap people will try to sell you. Low carb, low fat, no this, no that. It's all bull.

Use an online calorie calculator to find the number of calories per day you need to stick to for weightloss, for healthy eating break that down to 40 % protein/30% carbs/30% fat, and stick to it. If you want to figure McDonald's into your daily calorie count...go for it!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• (cont'd)

Just be ready to cut calories at other points in the day to make up for it.

Don't stress all the bull. You're setting yourself up to fail. Find your calorie count, build your own eating plan around that. You won't feel deprived, and the weight will come off.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• diet pills aren't good.. email me if you want.. i am a fitness coach and i could probably help you
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I started dieting about 3 weeks ago. I cut out all of my soda and I also cut down my food portions. I try to stay under 1300 calories a day but lately I've not even been counting my cals. I have a crystal light drink mix every now and then because water gets boring. I still eat sweets and pasta and stuff. I walk about 36 minutes a day. I've lost 11 pounds so far. I'm quite pleased. The only advice I can give is cut out soda. Thats helps a lot. Also do cardio at leat 60 minutes a day. I've been slacking lately and I'm going to start changing that today. And portion control of course. Good luck and I wish you the best!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 1:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• a diet won't work. you need to change your LIFESTYLE.

Rkoloms is absolutely right.

change your lifestyle - what you eat, how you eat, etc...and it will all fall together.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2010