Would my son gain the same nutrition benefit from eating milk powder alone without mixing it in water?

I am trying to wean my son who is twenty one mths old of the breast but he still refuses to drink any type of milk in cup or bottle.

He eats solid foods very comfortably but feels like vomiting whenever i gave him the milk to drink. However, he likes to eat the milk powder alone.

I would give him the milk powder in a bowl and he likes it that way.
he takes his finger and comfortably eat the powder.

Would he gain the same nutrition benefit by eating the bare milk powder or is it better if i give him in the form of liquid?

Asked by eve521 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• He doesn't NEED milk at all.

Answer by christyg at 12:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• he doesn't need milk .

Answer by piwife at 12:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• have you tried varying the temp of the milk you give him?

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Neither of my kids like milk. They were bf until 15 months and just shy of 3 years. They just don't like the taste of it. They don't need to drink milk. As long as he will drink something there is no need to worry.

Answer by Carajust at 12:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Milk isn't necessary but calcium is.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• He only needs water.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't see why it wouldn't..the water just adds...well...just water,lol. If it works...go for it.
    Does powder milk have all the same stuff in it that liquid while milk does? The calcium and the Vitamin D?
    I don't know because i've never tried the long as it had all that I'm sure it will do the trick.

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• maybe without diluting the milk he could get constipated... ??

• Give him real milk - I'd vomit too if I drank that powdered crud. He doesn't need milk of he's getting enough calcium & other milk benifits from other dairy and other sources.

• He can get plenty of calcium from yogurt and broccoli. Read up about foods that are high in calcium. Water is just fine as long as he is getting his calcium.

Answer by Marwill at 7:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2010