At what age can you turn them around???

When my first born turned one, that was the age that we got to put her in a forward facing carseat, now I have heard so much about raising the age, that I just dont know anymore at what age I can have my youngest who is going to one in about 4 days to a forward facing carseat?? Can another mommy help me out with this?????

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 12:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A year and 20 lbs.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• The Law minimum is 1 year AND 20 pounds. If they meet these requirements, then, they can be turned. However, most followers of Extended rear facing recommend as long as the best carseat will allow them rear facing. Even up to 3 and 4 and 40 pounds. The medical community are considering 2 years at least.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• the law is MINIMUM of 1 AND 20 but thats not safe enough. i kept my dd rear facing till she was almost 3. she is now 3 and forward facing.. remember thats just a minimum.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• The minimum is 1 and 20lbs. But that doesn't mean you HAVE to turn them around at that point. Extended rear facing is definitely safer. My son is 18 months, 27lbs and still rear facing.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Legally is 1 year and 20lbs but some parents keep their kids rear facing until 3 or sometimes older which is by far safer.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010