Do you ever?

How long does/did it take for you to forgive your husband for cheating or having an inappropriate relationship? Do you ever really move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I THINK THAT IT TAKES A WHILE TO FORGIVE SOMEBODY...BUT IT'S POSSIBLE!! AND I DON'T THINK THAT YOU EVER REALLY FORGET. SO I THINK THAT JUST MAKES THE RELATIONSHIP HARD TO KEEP A FLOAT. IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN. CAUSE I TRIED FOR 8 YEARS AND IN THE END WHEN IT WAS FINALLY OVER I STILL FEEL SICK FROM ALL THE TIMES THAT HE CHEATED AND LIED TO ME AND I HAVE A CHILD THAT'S 9 YEARS OLD. SO I STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM!! ALTHOUGHT, KNOW I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY THAT'S 10MONTHS OLD BY ANOTHER MAN THAT ISN'T PERFECT BUT DOES HIS BEST TO BE A GOOD FRIEND! SO I THINK SO!! GOOD LUCK SWEETHEART!!
    crystalcline

Answer by crystalcline at 1:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• For me personally, I wouldn't be able to forgive. I think cheating is just about the lowest thing you can do to somebody you claim to love... And I'd never be able to trust somebody like that again.

However, I know sometimes, people do move on from it. I think it depends on the circumstances, and whether it was a one time thing, or something that happens over and over again. If you want to work things out, I'd say therapy is a must, and the cheating spouse would have to understand it will take a long time to get over. Trust would have to be gained back, and that takes time, and a genuine effort on the cheating spouse's end. As for forgetting, I don't think that would ever happen.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• No, you never get over it. Plain and simple. There are days where it will never cross your mind and there are days that it keeps popping up. Every time I see a blonde girl take a brunette girls' SO, I get teary eyes. My best friend is blonde though, and I can stand her just perfectly fine. It's just in those movies and instances that it really gets to me.
    My husband and I are still together and better than ever. At first, I never thought it would work, I would cry and he would have some smart a$$ remark to say. Now, after talking to some friends, he has learned that this is something WE will have to deal with for the rest of our lives, and if I cry or bring it up, he hugs me and tells me how much he loves me and sorry he is that he hurt me. He has learned that if I go through his phone or e-mail to just not say anything. He is completely open now.
    We have become closer and better, but NO we will never get over it.
    Anonymous

• No, you never really "get over it."
    Anonymous

• nope, its always in the back of your mind no matter how good they are after.
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• what's a inappropriate relationship in your eyes? just wondering-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• @ ItsMe89: to me an inappropriate relationship is a relationship between a married man/woman and a person of the opposite sex, where no sex is involved but feelings were formed/forming. A relationship where you close your spouse out and let the other person in. An emotional Affair.

Also porn.
    Anonymous