I have a 2 year old with food allergies to gluten, eggs, potatoes, peanuts and dairy. I'm having a hard baking things for him that don't weigh a ton when done. Can anyone help me?

pinkcsmtlgy

Asked by pinkcsmtlgy at 1:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Check out my site. Here is an awesome banana bread that's not too sweet. Surf around-- many goodies for your baby. http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/vegan-gluten-free-banana-sunflower-bread/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Check out: http://www.elanaspantry.com/. I've made many of her recipes and they come out so moist and yummy without using tons of ingredients that you find with of other gluten free recipes. There are tons of gluten free webites that have great recipes (that also don't use dairy).
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i wish i could help, my only idea would be go to a food health store,,,, umm where i liv they just opend up a health food store for people with alergies and that cant have gluten
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I've had the same problem also, anything from the store tastes disgusting, anything I made from scratch was like a brick... so frustrating!! One of my favorite blogs is piginthekitchen.blogspot.com, check out her swan lake gluten-free loaf... I had to buy a cheap measuring scale to do some of her recipes, but it was worth it....my hubby & daughter loved her bread recipe. And she has lots of links for other allergen-free blogs.

Check out your library... I have found tons of allergy-free cookbooks!!! Also, check to see what kind of cooking classes are offered in your area maybe? In our recent community ed book I found two classes for gluten free baking and cooking.
    AudreesMommy78

Answer by AudreesMommy78 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2010