Pregnant on Nuvaring

Just found out I'm pregnant and have been on Nuvaring. I'm approx. 5 weeks. I guess my only concern is I've been drinking. A lot. We went to St. Lucia for a wedding 2 weeks ago and I drank and layed in the sun for 7 days straight. How concerned should I be? My first I never drank with... I feel sick about it. And thats on top of actually being bloated, feeling sick but starving, and oh my goodness sooo tired! Also, did you or anyone you know get pregnant on Nuvaring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant with my second on the NuvaRing. It happens. LoL
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I got pregnant on the nuvaring... TWICE!! So this time I thought the doc was wacked to suggest going on it again but I am taking his advice and giving it another shot. Instead of being on it 3 weeks on, 1 week off I will be on it 4 weeks on, 4 weeks on, 4 weeks on, and then 4 days off! So its like mega birth control and a period only every 3 months
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't want to scare you but yes I have gotten pregnant twice while on the nuvaring and I lost both. There could have been other reasons why but that's all I can think of. I didn't smoke, drink or take any kind of medications so who knows.
    Anyways, you really shouldn't worry too much about drinking before you found out. It's what you do after you find out that makes a big difference. My doctors always told me not to worry about before, just what you do now. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• One of my friends got pregnant on NuvaRing. Her baby boy will be 3 in June :)

You certainly need to tell your OB, s/he might do an early ultrasound, but they're usually not concerned unless you're slamming herion or something. Just be healthy from here on out, and you should be fine. Congrats!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2010