Toddler Fall?

my 19 month old tripped and hit her head hard on the table she cried for a min then was fine but she has a knot and a bruise on her forehead my mom said not to let her go to sleep but if so then for how long and what are signs to look for if she does have a concusion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Health

• signs for concusion are dizziness, unstability, lathargic, throwing up. ect. u can let her sleep, but u need to wake her every two hrs. depending on where she hit her head, she should be okay
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• She hit it on her forhead but she is still up running around laughing and being her self but it is almost her nap time that why i was curious?
    Anonymous

• A bump out is a good sign. Did you check her eyes - are you getting even response when she looks at things (both eyes moving together) are her pupils normal etc...

She's probably fine - mine cracks her head 100 times a day the little daredevil...I'd just keep and eye on her to be sure but you're likely ok
    Anonymous

• If she didn't pass out and she is acting like her normal self then she should be fine. Falls happen. My 2 year old recently jumped off a chair in his room and onto his brother's bed and fell and hit the wall. He tried it again less than 5 minutes later even though he had a huge bump on his head.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 3:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2010