Anyone else ever give their toddler a horrible haircut??

I decided to trim my 18-month-old son's hair yesterday (Yes, big mistake) as it was just so shaggy and he hates getting it cut at the salon. Well, the sides were okay but once I got to the front, my first cut was definitely way too short and uneven! I stopped and now I'm bringing him to the salon today. I'm going to be so embarrassed! I just hope they can fix it! LOL! I've learned a lesson, that's for sure!

Anyone else ever do this? Or am I the only one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have given my daughters both some pretty bad bang trims.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• HEAR IS SOME HELP http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=haircut&search_type=&aq=f   JUST TRIM IT SHORT AND LET IT GROW BACK OUT AND NO ONE KNOWS BUT YOU.... LOL 

Anonymous

• DH kind of did, last time. We have a hair trimming kit that DH uses to cut his own hair and now he uses it to cut our son's hair. Well our boy got rather upset and he wouldn't hold still and turned his head and well it wasn't pretty, LOL. Its grown back out tho. I told DH next time to let me be there to help hold him still next time. He usually doesn't do such a bad job, it was just a fluke.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 2:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Most people have done that! Even when you take them to the professionals, they mess it up once in a while! Don't feel too bad about it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 2:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It happens don't feel bad. It will grow.
    Take a picture for his baby book! he'll get a laugh out of it when he's older!

I never gave a bad cut to a kid, but the best cut I ever had was the one I gave myself while sleepwalking-except for the side I decided to shave down- looked like the old cindi Lauper cut with a few parts too close. Wonder if that's the look I was going for when I did the cut? :)

you should see my BIL's hair after my SIL does it- they both think it's great but I wonder if he ever looks at the back! she shaves it- very interesting when she gets done :)

hope that at least made you smile ;)
    Anonymous

• dh and i were just talking about trying the boys hair on our own...now i am scared!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• haha, I gave him his "first" haircut and it looked like a bowl cut, you can probably still see it I think on my page, theres a good one of him right after we went to the store. it took 3 months for it actually be able to look cute again.. wahh..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Not a bad haircut but I was trimming around their ears one time and I told him DON'T MOVE. He was being so good and still and I moved because the dog ran into the back door. I kinda chopped it up but luckily their hair grows SO fast that a week later you couldn't tell.

I always cut the boys hair because they are better for me then my hairdresser and I find it weird she charges more for their cut then she does mine. I've mastered it now. I use trimmers and go over their whole head with a #6 guard, then go over the sides and back with a #5 for a faded look, and then use a #4 to shave about 1/2" around their neck and ears. Once that is done I use DH's small 1" wide trimmers to clean up around their ears and neck. It looks great and people are shocked when they find out I cut their hair.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 4:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2010