Just Venting!!!

Hey Ladies,
I hope all is well. I am super tired of my son acting out in school as if he has no home training and my husband is the most attention seeking person I have ever met in my life. He seriously started an argument this morning because I said "move over I'm hot". Are you serious? The weather is changing her in NC but we haven't started using the air as of yet so it was a little stuffy( u know)? So what did I do to retaliate against the both of them? I registered for a mini session in school instead of waiting until Sept. What do u think?

deirdrejones

Asked by deirdrejones at 1:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• i think that's the best revenge -- taking care of yourself and bettering yourself. but mom2mybabes has a point -- though the way you chose to retaliate was positive, it'd be healthier to reframe it and think of it as taking "you time" regardless of what the men in your life are up to.

sounds like your son is mirroring your husband's behavior -- i know what it's like to be with someone like that, and sometimes it seems like there's no room for you in their self-centered world. see if you can get through to him that this is happening. because you're going to get fed up FAST if he keeps acting that way.
    madfoot

Answer by madfoot at 4:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Im in NC too, and I hear ya about the heat is off but the A/C is not on yet. Eh, don't retaliate. Maybe a special day with your son may help with school behavior. It would either solve it, or lead you to what the real problem is. Plus, it never hurts to have some mommy/son time!
    As for your husband... i was there, i tried the whole, kill them with niceness. YAH doesn't always work. I was like his little maid and he just kept on stayin grumpy. You could try something nice like his favorite dinner and then ask him what he really wants. (my husband always said alone time, which made me mad cause im a stay at home mom and would LOVE alone time! lol)
    Hope it all works out for ya!! School is always a great place to bury your head and relax from the stresses at life as well!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 1:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• what's a mini session?
    my husband is like that too- tell you stuff they would like, such as for mine he wanted more time alone to clear his head- was working a project he hated with OT-So I did just that.I wasn't mad I understood.Sure enough, after about 3 days he got whiney that I was always sewing in the other room-the house is too messy,so you work on that-then suddenly you have become more dull-and people think that we don't know what WE want! I guess just try and give him a hug once in a while when you're passing by and maybe try and rotate things you do- maybe try and fit in a dinner with some candles now and then-he may say it's corny,but trust me, he'll remember it. Ask you why so long since candles if you don't do it for a while :)
    Men are still babies- only taller
    Anonymous

• Don't ever retaliate because it will only lead to more issues...why is your son acting up in school? Attention seeking? First you must find the reason why he's acting up in school and deal with the issue at hand before it turns into something worse. Taking a mini session will not stop your son from acting up in school.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• @madfoot.........I think you put it best...I should reframe it as me time!!! My son is not out of control to the point where we need to have a serious pow wow. It could be me just being over emotional (if that means anything) He's a 7 year old boy who has lots of energy. Maybe it's me! Im stretched to thin.

@Anonymous a mini session is an 8 week course instead of the tradional 16 weeks.

deirdrejones

Answer by deirdrejones at 5:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010