last time: READ BEFORE YOU ANSWER>My daughter did it again, 14 and she did not come home until 7pm.

exactly how I put it: I could not find her. (This means she never checked in. ) So I went home took her contacts, clothes, DS and tv away. It is not the first time but it stoped a year ago (Punishment for not telling me You were not coming home). Then she comes in & acts like she did nothing wrong. (I am worried).
I am not strict just love my kids, the people who talk stuff: You can be the best parent in the world, you can teach them and guide them. That does not mean your kid will do no wrong. So get off your high hat, kids are not as educated as adults, and will try new things, & want to learn on there own. If you don't know that, and think you kids are angels-WAKE UP. MY NEIGHBOR: HER DAUGHTER WOULD NEVER, -I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES BEING TOUCHED IN APPROPRIATE, WHEN I TOLD HER, SHE DENIED IT AND i WAS WRONG.
Oh, I am not pissed at anyone. TGIF HORRAY...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• ...so whats the question?
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• You took her son away?!?!
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't have a teen but the way my Mother handled this with me (and it only happeneda fee times) if I was late and didn't check in I would lose 1hour for a week. if I was told to be home by 7pm and I was 1min late for one whole week I had to be home by 6pm and if I was late again while on this punishment I would lose another hour for 2week. so now for 2weeks I had to be in by 5pm and my mom would say "we can keep going till you don't go out at all."  she was real big on the punishment fitting the crime.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• long story- posted twice before pretty much as it was above. not really sure what the question is either-

Anonymous

• I looked at the posts and I don't see a question being asked- can see why the daughter may be confused on what she wants-

here's the links if you want to read the postings-
    not a bash, just a observation-

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/387688/My_daughter_did_it_again_14_and_she_did_not_come_home_until_7pm

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/388172/Part_2_to_all_the_parents_who_didnt_read_the_whole_thing_My_daughter_did_it_again_14_and_she_did_not

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/388237/last_time_READ_BEFORE_YOU_ANSWER_My_daughter_did_it_again_14_and_she_did_not_come_home_until_7pm

Anonymous

• If she has a curfew and she isn't following it take things away. I'm not sure what your question is but as a parent you make the rules for your own kids. You wanting to know where your child is, is a good thing. Parents not caring is why there are 14 year olds getting pregnant. I think 7 is a little early but I don't know where you live or what it is like there. My mother wanted me in before the street lights came on at that age unless she knew where I was going to be and I had someone to bring me home. The only problem I had with that was my younger brother got to stay out later than me. You did the right thing. You have a right as her parent to tell her when to be home and to take things away when she doesn't listen to you.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 3:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Doesn't look like anyone was telling her she didn't have the right to know where her child is- good for her - I just don't think anyone really understood what it was she was looking for from us regarding her post.
    Anonymous

• It's not a matter of people telling her she didn't have a right. People who answered on the other question were saying that she is too strict because 7 is still early and one told her not to act like a nazi about it.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 3:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• There has never been a question.

And Its high HORSE , not high HAT. Get your idioms right.

Okay...so your daughter doesn't check in....FIGURE OUT A SYSTEM THAT WORKS FOR THE TWO OF YOU AND GET OVER IT!
    Anonymous

• You need to get her a cell phone. Plain and simple. parents complain that their children don't earn that right and then in the same breath they complain that they can't locate them. If she had a phone this would have never been an issue!
    Anonymous