would it bother you?

I was driving to work and passed an abortion clinic, where some people and little kids were protesting. One of the adults was holding a large photo of an aborted baby, it was such a horrible thing to see at anytime let alone driving. I found it upsetting and dangerously distacting. I did not mean for this to be a debate on how you feel about abortion, just about would it bother you if you or you child seen a big pic on display? Do you think that they have the right to protest but like me think it could be done without graphics and yeah having small children walking along with them?????????????????/

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Woke you up???? The OP was driving, and could have been so distracted that she got into an accident, and killed someone. But, I guess as long as it wasn't a fetus, it's ok to hit and kill someone.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Nope. Woke you up didn't it? That's the idea.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I think it's disgusting, and should be illegal. I also don't think small children should be involved. Regardless of their personal feelings on the subject, abortion is LEGAL, and they should be arrested for harrasment. It's one thing to have show those images to adults (I don't agree with that either, btw), but to have them around little kids who have no idea what's going on is just wrong.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Do you think that they have the right to protest
    YES they do have the right to protest, ANY way that is peaceful. The graohics are to make you think about what you would be doing.
    They hold every rigth to show those photos. Yes it is disturbing BUT they have the right to show you
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• well, I'm personally pro-choice and the picture of the aborted fetus wouldn't change my mind if I thought that ended a pregnancy was the best thing to do. I find that picture less disturbing than one of a abused or mistreated child.

I've asked some big time pro lifers and they don't think you need to go that far either-or that they would bring their child along. These are grown up issues that should be left to the adults.

I think if they want abortion stopped and can't find a babysitter for their child then stay at home and write letter to congress if that's how you feel.

Heck, I've asked protesters how many of them vote and you'd be surprised how many don't bother-

I don't find the poster as disturbing as many since I consider it a fact of life. They don't get me thinking that abortion is bad, they make me question the holders judgment.
    FYI- this response was not to get people riled up- it's just my response.
    Anonymous

• Does it bother me? No. I think they are...disturbed individuals
    Should children be subjected to it? No.
    Do I think it is right? Well...no...since if they wanted to spread the truth they'd use an accurate picture of what a fetus before 12 weeks looks like since that's when the majority of elective abortions occur. But something that small doesn't have as much shock value.
    Do they have the right to protest. Yes, at a respectiable distance and they should NOT harrass people.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I think such protesters are PATHETIC. Let me guess, the aborted fetuses they SHOWED were later term???????? They don't really depict over 91% of ABORTIONS that actually occur (12 weeks or LESS gestation). To involve a small child IN such protest is even MORE pathetic.

Here's what I see when I see abortion protestors - "We feel you should do as we do. We want to control every woman's uterus!!" Yeah, it is nothing to be taken seriously.

Anonymous