What do you REALLY think about the war?

I don't even know why we are over there ..... what are your opinions? What are we fighting for? ..... I don't have an opinion anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we got involved there for the wrong reasons, I think we never should have gone there in the first place, I think it has NOTHING to do with "making the US safer from terrorism", and frankly, I believe we should withdraw as soon as humanly possible.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I agree completely with you Anouck. How much money and how many young boys/women have to die before we realize this was a huge mistake.. All the rightys will be crawling out of the wood work now cause we are so IGNORANT and UNEDUCATED on this topic, lol:)

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 2:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• We have had no terrorist attacks on our soil since 9/11 and the war started so it must be helping fight terrorism. But it has been going on now for what like 9 years, we should try to end it soon.

Anonymous

• as the wife of a soldier whom i will soon be sending back to this mess i can only say i hope this ends soon. its getting harder and ahrder to send him off knowing what is going on over there. knowing how many ppl are dyeing b/c of this. and knowing how many attacks there are!
    **prayer for our troops to come home soon, ALL of them**
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• And how many did we have before 9/11, anon :54? Besides, we haven't had any SUCCESSFUL ones, but did you forget about the guy with the bomb in his underwear at Detroit airport already?I know somebody must have mentioned this to you before, but NONE of those people were from Iraq, and there were NO weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, either... If they would have gone to war in Afghanistan instead, it would have made just a little more sense.

Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I only hope it ends soon. My husband has been there five times. He's due to go back in the fall for his sixth tour. It's starting to wear on him. I went to Iraq twice as well and I am glad I got out of the military. That was hard on the family.

Aside from that, as long as the contractors and MIC remains funded. will never end. Just remember, in 2000, the supreme court/voters put a GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR in office as VP. Anyone who says that those two are not related should probably research it a bit further. President Eisenhower warned us of the military industrial complex nearly 50 years ago.
    Anonymous

• We should withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan. Afghanistan is unwinnable.

KJ, why in the world do you think "rightys" support Obama's expansion in Afghanistan is a mystery to me. Once again you generalize. I want us OUT. Many conservatives want us OUT. However, I will bet we will still be there come 2012.

If you are so anti-war, you need to bitch to Obama, he is commander in chief.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It was a joke because their are certain people on here who like to name call. I knew it would not be long before it was all Obama's fault. Yeah I voted for him and yeah I am mad that he said he would bring everyone home and looks like that is not happening. Whats your problem with me??? I was answering a question just like you but you say ***If you are so anti-war, you need to bitch to Obama, he is commander in chief*** I was not bitching, I was stating an opinion.Thank you very much.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• KJ, I too am responding from previous posts, after being called "you people" by YOU.

We do agree on one thing, the war needs to end. We agree on another thing, we are both mad at Obama for failing to do so.
    Anonymous

• It was a joke because there are certain people on here who like to name call.

Fixed that for you.

Anonymous