Guess I shouldnt be offended but...

I have been exploring this sight for just a short while now and have only tried to join one group... Breastfeeding twins group. Put in my application or whatever it was called, and was declined with it being stated that it was believed I was a troll. WTF! Im out here looking for ppl who have nursed twins and seeing as how im not good enough for their group if any of yous have done this please message me ... I am a single mother expecting twins and concerned as how to manage certain aspects of this. Would enjoy connecting with ppl who have been here to gain insight and any tips available. If you are not ok with just posting here please feel free to mail me. Thanks, I could use any help anyone has to offer.

Mommy-2-B-of-3

Asked by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try joining the Breastfeeding Moms group. It's not specifically for twins, but I'm sure there are folks there that could answer your questions. Good luck and Congrats!
    Anonymous

• That is crazy that you could not join a group! i am nursing my 3rd, but have only nursed singletons. I'd suggest you find a La Leche League group in your area to attend (hopefully before the babies come!) I think you will get a lot of info and support. Go to LLL

Also go to LLL on-line and see the articles at Nursing Multiples

Contact the moderator as well, assume it was an honest mistake and that she meant no harm and ask her to reconsider

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I just got rejected for a group based on my daughter's birth year. I don't get it... I agree with the above advice -- it's a great group. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Try LLL I agree, also try www.babycenter.com
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 2:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• how mean
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Sorry you were denied. You might try the "Moms who have or are having twins" group. We have lots of posts on there regarding nursing two babies at once.

I nursed my twins for a while, but did not stick it out for a full year. I found nursing them at the same time saved me time and gained me sleep, but it was also very tricky at first. I used a pillow made especially for nursing multiple. It is called the EZ-2-Nurse and is sold at www.doubleblessings.com.  Evene with the pillow I needed lots of other things around to help get all of us positioned well.  I had a basket full of rolled up receiving blankets and pillows that I used to help prop the babies in place.  I'd get both babies beside me and latch one on in the football hold, prop that baby in place and use have both hands free to get the other baby latched.

Congrats & GL!

Anonymous

• Am all about hitting Laleche, just have yet to figure a way lol. Currently my schedule will not allow it but am working on it. WIth mny fitrst daughter I had a midwife so had a great source for any questions I had and they were very geared towards what I wanted and needed for my child. However I have been told that I have to have an OB and am so down because of that. My experience with my midwife was great and I was hoping ot go the sam etroute not just for the birthing factor but also just the general more support factor. Figured i could get help with the mursing via her. I have already been told by my doc to plan a C-section, which i will but only if it seems necessary. I prefer having a straight normal birth and though my doc says he would prefer a csection he says its only his preference not necessary atm. all that being said im going to most likely be dealing with two new babies a five year old and trying to recover
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• from the c-section at the same time. All that being said i have no clue how i am going to juggle this all, I mean I know i will, I'm a mom , it's what we do, but whoa. aside from laleche ( and i will check out the other breastfeeding group thank you ) has anyone been in this boat, as I get bigger my anxiety is going up and yeah... I dont know...
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• thats very odd they rejected you! I'd just join a regular breastfeeding group and i'm sure there will be a forum for twins or some experienced moms of twins who can help you!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/21414 - this is the moms that have or are having twins group. You will have to apply and possibly answerr some questions to be accepted.  Twin groups often attract strange women who do not have twins or who are not expecting twins.  You do have to be careful about this.

You'll also find lots of info in this group regarding vaginal deliveries of twins - lots of moms have normal vaginal births. A c-section is not a given, though you are at a higher risk for having one when you deliver twins.

Anonymous