Goopy, goopy eyes

My daughter's eyes were almost gooped shut this morning. Really yellowish-green stuff. It was caked all over her cheek, too. The snot was caked on, too. Is this just part of a cold? Does it sounds like an eye infection? She's almost 3.

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 2:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If her eyes are really red, it could be pink eye. If she is rubbing them a lot, that is also a sign of pink eye, which is very contagious. I would call the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My daughter did this about 2 weeks ago, and I thought it was pink-eye, took her to the Dr and they tested her for H-flu. Turns out thats what it was. He said it has been going around alot. An antibiotic took care of it and there was almost immediate results with her. Until you get her in, a warm damp washcloth to the eye works wonders. Also, if you can, try to keep the infected goop out from under her eye, my daughter's looked horrible from the irritation of it, she looked like a raccoon with red eyes. Could be pinkeye, could be something else, but take her in.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2010