• In the Spotlight:

can you give me some ideas??

I seem to be a hoarder: When I'm depressed upset, annoyed, I tend to go shopping online. Before I had my daughter I use to get things for the house. Since I had her (she's 6), I tend to buy clothes all the time. I'm not drowning in bills. She has plenty of clothes, from school uniforms to play clothes to dresses. Can you suggest some ways to help me no do this anymore. I'd like to start saving more instead of spending. If I finish paying off the credit card, since it's empty I want to buy more items. Now, I have a friend holding my credit cards so I don't use them. Can someone help give me some suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• Watch the TV show "Hoarders", you can watch online at A&E .com
    Seek consuling - or contact a professional organizer if your home is in disarray.

I am still paying off debt from my over indulgent gathering and hoarding days.......
    Anonymous

• have your friend continue to hold credit cards unless u really really need them. I didnt even let my husband know we finally got ours from best buy in the mail (he likes to spend money on stupid things)
    Maybe put a block on the shopping web sites for awhile so you cant go on them. Or cancel internet. Or put a big sign on the wall in front of computer that says something like NO SHOPPING SAVE INSTEAD?
    Hope it helps Good luck
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 3:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My home is not in disarray. I tend to shop more and at near the end of the year if clothes don't fit, I donate them. I over indulge on buying her clothes, but overwhelmed with clothes. Just need to learn not to spead and save more of the money.
    Anonymous

• Get the book Buried in Treasures.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Buy a Dave Ramsey book. (Or join on of the groups on here!) He really motivates me to live a cash lifestyle and save money. Go see a financial planner and learn how much money you should be saving now to live comfortably at retirement. Do you have a college fund for your daughter? What motivates you? I love saving for travel. I am very detail oriented and like to know where my money is going monthly. Have you ever sat down and looked at where your money is going? Are you paying off your credit cards monthly or paying high interest rates for unnecessary items? WHen you add things up it can make you change quickly!!

Best of luck!
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• you know, when you feel depressed you could go out for a walk or jog out at the park. instead, or talk to a friemd or family on the phone , or tell a friend or family member that your depressed and need to talk to someone and have them come to your house or you go to theirs. And see if that makes you feel any better. Or even watching a funny show on tv helps , sometimes.good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2010