How to Budget for the month

Need ideas on budgeting for the month. Food shopping, bills,etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just figure out how much we can afford and then I take it out in cash and use envelopes, write what each amount is for and use it for just that. Do not use Credit Cards or Debit Cards.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Not to use any credit or debit cards surely does help.
    First off you should get started writing a list with all the expenses you have each month such as: rent, electricity, phone, insurance and whatever else needs to be payed. Try to be as accurate as possible and also add things like money for gas by estimating how much you usually go through a month. This will give you an overview of how much money you will have left to budget with for groceries, savings or just buying yourself a treat every now and then.
    Let's just say you have $500 left after all bills are payed. Make sure you allow yourself enough money for groceries (buying ingrecients for a meal is usually a lot cheaper than buying frozen dishes and packaged meals - you can save big if you cook). Also make sure you put a little money to the side each month. That will alow you to pay for unexpected costs in case your car breaks down.............
    Trinity4eva

Answer by Trinity4eva at 3:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• for me if i have cash i tend to spend it so i try not to take out cash and or keep cash in my wallet.. my gues would be to keep good track of your bank stuff... i like both of the ideas before me i myself will try some of those ideas
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Thanks ladies
    I refuse to use credit cards so we dont do that.....Also since my DH had a stroke at the age of 30 i do do the cooking instead of frozen (altrough i do buy some for the kids for emergency or i dont feel like cooking one night lol) since he cant have a lot of salt. (but he cheats with fast food)
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 8:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2010