Do you tell your husband that the kids mean more to you than he does?

I put my childrens needs first. If we only have one slice of bread, the kids get it. (No, it's never happened, just saying ) But I would never tell my husband that my kids are more important to me than he is. Do others do this? Me and my co worker were talking and she said that she has told her husband this and I was kind of shocked. It's important for my kids to have both parents at home and love each other. So do you tell your hubby/so that the kids mean more to you than he does?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have. he's an adult and can fend for himself. Kids can't. He is the head of my family and I love him, but I have told him that my daughter will always be more important to me.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• wow. No I would not say this! Without a solid foundation,a family will fall. Of course if it came down to feeding our son and having us go hungry,that would be understood between us. It doesn't make our son more important to me!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• We both put our children first....but we make time for ourselves and love each other and the children we share.
    Anonymous

• If he asks, then I'd be like "They are just kids they need me more then you and need more care then you" however if it's never asked or talked about why even bring it it, I also think most men know that a womans children, the bone of her bone and the flesh of her flesh the living thing they carried around for 9 months are always going to be more important in many ways...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 4:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It's different. Like, my kids definitely come first, before anyone, including myself, or my hubby, but I love my kids differently then I love their father. So to say they mean more to me then him, wouldn't really be true. Both my kids and my hubby mean everything in the world to me. Just in a different way. Of course in a life or death situation if I had to choose between saving our kids, or my hubby...it would definitely be the kids without a moment's thought.
    Anonymous

• my kids do mean more to me... but i would NEVER tell him that!
    Anonymous

• We have a deal here, he knows right now that since the majority of them are unable to fend for themselves that I cannot help but love them more than him, but he loves me more than them and tells me, not them. However, part of the deal is that I need to remember after they leave it will be just us, so I need to treat him with the feelings that I expect from him. But, we both know the truth and it works out well. of course, we are both on our second marriage, so maybe that allows you a little more leeway (not judging, others, just my assumption of my marriage)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• nope I wouldn't say anything of the sort.

we treat eachother and the kids equally.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• We treat each other well; but he knows if push came to shove; the kids are more important to me - and honestly that's what I'd prefer from him although he says I come first - doesn't matter anyway his actions show he comes first to himself...lol
    Anonymous

• well, I can tell you that I used to date men whose wives told them that back in my 20s- long time ago didn't say it was right- but that was the reality-

Anonymous