When Should I Purchase A Potty Chair?

My son is only 14 months old, but I have really been thinking of buying a potty chair just so he can see it and maybe set on it when he wants...is it to early just to buy one to let him see what one is before we try to potty train? I am gonna wait prob til 18 months to even actually introduce pottying...if he is ready that is. What do you think?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it doesn't hurt to have it around before hand.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son is 12 month and I have one already. I make him sit in it every morning but I make it be a fun experience for him. If he ever pees in it I show him what he just did, clap my hands and tell him how good he did. Then I make sure he comes to the bathroom with me to watch me flush it down the toilett. He loves this game. I rather start sooner than too late and he enjoys it
    Trinity4eva

Answer by Trinity4eva at 4:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• IMO- buy the seat that goes on the toilet. They are BETTER. :)
    Anonymous