I need a good midwife/ doula in Westchester/ Yonkers/Bronx, NY

I want to give birth naturally & not make the business of birthing more lucrative for all involved. I want to use the way God created us to give birth & dont know who to call. Does anyone know of a good midwife in the area?
Thanks!

slee5

Asked by slee5 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know of any who will attend a home birth, are you interested in hospital/birthing center midwives?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Hello,
    yes, of course a birthing center or hospital is great. I just dont know where to turn...& insurance is also a concern
    Thank you
    slee5

Answer by slee5 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Westchester County Medical Center used to have a few midwives. (I worked there in Maternity years ago.) A google search brings up some names in the area. I understand what you mean about insurance, if want to p.m. I"ll try to help you with that....I can help you search your insurance company's information to see if they have Midwives in the area.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Wow! that is great to know! What a blessing to find this out. I will look into it!
    Thank you again!
    slee5

Answer by slee5 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2010