Can I get pregnant while on the placebo pills in my BC pack?

Hey,

My period isnt lined up with my pills yet so the week I should have had my period I didnt which was on the sugar pills. I just started the birthcontrol 2 months ago and my daughter about 3 and a half months ago... I had sexy times with my boyfriend AKA we had sex and I was on the placebo pills. Now I am worried that I could get pregnant. Any input or information? I wasnt on my period the week of the placebo pills and had my period the week before. Thanks!

babyzoey1

Asked by babyzoey1 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you aren't supposed to be able to get pregnant while taking them put I personally never trusted it- that was me, I was a fanatic about it.
    I used condoms during that time.
    I'd ask a pharmacist since they would know more about the specific pills you take but from what I'd always heard you couldn't get pregnant while taking those as long as you took all the other pills like you were supposed to.
    Anonymous

• If you have sex you can get pregnant.Pill or not.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 4:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i agree with PP, you can get pregnant during any part of the pill cycle. it doesn't matter if you are on the sugar pills or not. the point of the pill is to suppress ovulation, and it's the 3 weeks of pills that are supposed to do that but they aren't 100% effective. gl!
    Anonymous