Do your sons play Little League baseball?

What do you think of Little League baseball? What do your sons gain from it?

wendymic

Asked by wendymic at 4:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh boy, I for one use to love going to those practices and games. He gained a lot from it, for one he learn about commitment, there were times he just didn't feel like going but we told him he had agreed to play and was part of a team, had to follow thru. He learned to fraternize with his peers in a competitive way, which is also a good lesson in life. He also learned that winning was sweet and loosing sucked. It also taught him discipline, it is an over all good experience.

Answer by older at 4:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son did. Didn't really gain much from it. LOL He liked it though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son was in it last year and will be this year. My sons gains alot from doing this. One thing is he learns teamwork, commitment, it teaches them dicipline and how to play the good old game of baseball
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son is almost 13 now and has aged out of the local groups. We played Cal Ripken Sunday School (sponsored by local churches) League. It was low on competition. Parents that got too "little leagueish" were asked to leave the game.
    Anonymous

• My kids play in the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth League. They love it, My daughter is in tbal and my son is Minors this year, which is 9 to 11(i think.) They learn responsibiliy, team work and all about baseball! My youngest is 3 and doesnt quite meet the bday date requirement but he cant wait til next yr so he can play!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son played Cal Ripken basenall and loved it. He played from age 9-13. I refused to put him in Little League because in my city it is all about how good you are and not what you are learning. It is way too competitive. Kids get cut and don't play if they aren't good enough according to the coaches and snobby parents. I have my son in Kiwainis baseball now and ALL kids play and he likes it. He has learned a lot from baseball....teamwork, cooperation, GOOD sportsmenship, how to follow rules and how to lose gracefully.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• My son plays B/ball for a little league local team. I think there should be a rule that coaches cannot coach teams their own son's are on. It makes it too unfair , coaches give their son's the best spot and if you not in the clique your son spends his time on out field and bats last...My son is highly athletic and I had him accessed by an "outside" coach who runs a sports clinic and he says my son is a talented pitcher and batter...Yet for some reason his coach on his team never gives my son a chance to shine. Only his son and his son's friends. Next year i will not let my son play for a leaque. I am going to look into this Cal Ripken and kiwainis though.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 12:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yes. my SS liked it. he is learning coordination, how to work as a team, listen to coaches and instructions, learning about the practice and work that goes into competing, etc.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2010