Venting!

My MIL informed that I need to wait to potty train my DD. My LO has been showing signs of wanting to potty train since she was 18 mos, so for 2 1/2 mos she has been showing signs. My MIL told me that I need to stop trying and just let her do it on her own between the ages of 2-3. Is she insane? My LO wants to potty. We don't always make it before she pees in her diaper, but we still sit on the potty. I am following my DD's cues and apparently that makes me a pushy mom. I just want to do what is best for my DD and I believe that I am doing just that. Thanks for listening.

coala

Asked by coala at 5:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Follow your insticts for sure. Accidents are a good way for her to learn also. She is connecting the "why" she needs to put her pee pee in the potty.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Anonymous

Anonymous

• I know how you feel. I took my 2 year old to the doctors the other day for his shots. I was asking him how to potty train at night. He looked at me was like stop pushing him. I was like im not he wants to, and he told me to stop doing it and wait until he is 3, thats when you are supposed to start....I think 3 is kinda old.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• at 18 mts dd was showing lil signs i had her potty train by 2
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Your the MOTHER!!! Go with YOUR gut! It's great your LO is showing signs that is great.....MY DD goes on the potty but not # 2 yet....all children are different...So what if your LO learns now or next year.....do what you think is right!!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• If your MIL watches your dd, she may not be the one ready to do the potty training thing.
    If you watch your dd all by yourself, your MIL should butt out! (pun intended)
    Anonymous