fathers visitation

I have tried everything for me and him to get along and now it seems like its just going down the drain. anyway he is now demanding visitation on days that were not talked about! he tries to tell me he is going to see his son on this day at this time. doesnt matter if we have plans. I give him the possibility to see him other times but sofar he has always had an excuse.

I told him he can have visitation every other saturday from 12 to 3 but it is in my house. no court order has beed done yet! is that allowed or not? does someone know how it is in iowa?

I dont want to get in trouble and its not like I am denying him visitation

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 5:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If there is no court order in place, then what you say goes. If you're offering him visits and he's denying them...then that's his fault. You give him the option...you see her this day at this time and if he doesn't want to then that's his problem, not yours. If he can't because he has work or something thats one thing, but if he just has plans..then it's his own problem. I would go to court and work something out officially though. It doesn't always end in your favor though...trust me. My ex gets my daughter every sunday from 12-8pm. And it SUCKS having her gone all day, although I have my son to keep me occupied, I miss the crap out of her.
    Anonymous

• I have papers written up he just has to bring in his things that the lawyer needs and has to sign them! then he would have supervised visitation from 12 to 3 every second saturday. he said he had to work what is weird hence that he was out looking for a job today and hasnt had one all winter. I also keep every text he sends and every time he came over here to want to visit my son it ended up with him wanted to have ...
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 5:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2010