Teacher writes "LOSER!" on children's test papers? What would you have done?!

A teacher in NC wrote "-20% for being a LOSER!" on a girl's test paper. Her mom complained, and the remarks stopped for a little bit. But then they returned. The teacher said it was his way of "relating to the students." The teacher has been teaching for 12 years. Some people even defended his use of discouraging comments on wrong answers.

I for one think it's unacceptable! It's bad enough for a child to have to see a wrong answer on a test, but to be called a loser too?!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/teacher-writes-loser-on-child-s-assignments-18593231

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think I would have sent it back with BITCH on it!! So messed up for a teacher to do!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that's incensing. As if kids aren't being bullied enough by their peers these days...
    Anonymous

• The teacher is male...maybe "Dick muncher," "A**hole" or "Douchbag" would be more appropriate...
    Anonymous

• omg...That is SO wrong!~ I would be PISSED and my child would be OUT of that class! And I would keep going UP the chain of command till I got SOMEONE with the SENSE to realize that degrading children helps NOTHING!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• OH a MAN!!! That explains it......JERK, AHOLE, F_*&* face.....
    Anonymous

• My kid would be pulled out of that class and I would be having a long and unpleasant talk with school officials. That teacher needs to be fired.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It would NEVER happen twice, not after I got through with the school.

Doesn't that violate "zero tolerance" bullying rules, BTW?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• good luck firing a teacher - in my high school they caught a gym teacher in the closet with 2 students- she got suspended.
    what a creep of a teacher!

Anonymous

• Oh I definately would take that to the school board and demand my child be moved. I would demand they let the teacher know that sort of behavior will no longer be tolerated.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I am dealing with one of those kinds of teachers too and it is an absolute horrible experience for the student! You are so FiiiiiiRRRRRRED!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2010