Are there any parents on here that dont allow their kids to watch Pokemon or Bakugan?

ok, I know their are parents on here who let their 5 year olds watch the latest Jason slasher movies...not interested in that.

I want to hear from those of you who dont like it why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• mine are just not interested....they think its lame.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It's not that i don't allow them to watch it...I just have never put it on because i don't like it lol. I can tolerate spongebob, and dora and stuff like that much more then pokemon lol...so they don't even really know it exists. Why do you care? My little brother was a huge pokemon fanatic. Had tons of cards and stuff. He turned out alright. He's going on 17 now.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't know what Bakugan is ...but my children are only allowed to watch "educational" cartoons.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My kids have no interest in Pokeman but bakugan is a huge hit in my house they have the books, the Wii game, the cards, the balls, the arena's and they watch the cartoon. It started as a Game and became something more. Here is why I allow it...

1) my kids actually play it together (my 12 y/o and 9 y/o DS and my 5 y/o DD)
    2) when playing they are counting to keep track of scores, points , etc , There is also alot of strategy, its no different than playing a board game.
    3) My 9 y/o is very interested in it which opened a door for me to get him to read more because he had hit the point where he couldnt find books that interest him, now he picks up the books everytime we go to the library and the book store
    4) every generation has several really popular things all the kids like this just happens to be the big thing right now.
    5) it is a heck of alot better than spongebob lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son watches Bakugon but not pokemon. He just does not like pokemon and he rarely watches Bakugon because we aren't home alot but he likes it and YES I let him.
    Anonymous

• same here my son is only aloud to watch pbs sprout or his disney movies sometimes ill have animal planet on for him he lovs animasl he likes to watch dogs or cats 101
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I have a 3 year old step daughter so we dont have to deal with pokemon or whatever the other one is but we do have to deal with things like Hannah Montannah and pop musicians that her biological mother exposes her to. We do have restrictions at our house on what she can watch and listen to but she does not have those restrictions at her mother's. My stepdaughter handles it really well when she is with us, she knows what she is allowed to watch and listen to and why. We have told her that when she gets older she can watch it but for now we would like it if she watched princess movies or whatever is more age appropriate. I do think it is important to censor what kids watch and if you don't like it for any reason then don't allow it. On the other hand, my mother tried to keep us from the Simpsons when I was in elementary school and we just went to friends houses and watched it there!
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 3:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• he loves pokemon he has the ganes the books and the cards
    gawmom

Answer by gawmom at 1:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010