Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to know what the canvas painting is called where the artist uses very thick paint.

the method seems to be with a knife, rather than a brush. Most painting I have seen have been crosses. I want to learn to use this medium

Answer Question

Asked by DYC at 6:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • gesso?
    I have used joint compound before.

    Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

  • oil painting? I'm pretty sure that's what your talking about...because it's very thick paint.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

  • I used to blend acrylic paint with Modeling Paste or you can apply the modeling paste onto your canvas and then paint over it when dry. It is great for using mixed media on your canvas too.

    Answer by Kajon at 11:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

  • it's part of the technique of oil painting mostly.

    there are additives you can mix with acrylic to mimic the look though

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.