Loving mothers, ....

do you forgive your children of their wrong doings even when they do not acknowledge that it is wrong, or ask for forgiveness?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. They are still little and learning. I dont think they can learn what forgiveness is if I dont teach them. Therefore, they are taught to say Im sorry when they do wrong and they are taught that they can be "forgiven" for doing that wrong when my DH or I tell them "its OK" after they say they are sorry.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• What happened? I do believe in forgiveness if not the person who does not forgive will carry pain the with them everywhere they go.

Answer by CloverE at 6:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• mine is little so ofcourse

• Where are you going with this?

Answer by beeky at 6:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• There is nothing my kids can do that I would not forgive them for, even though they might not ask for forginess.

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• If they make mistakes in life, why would it be our job to 'forgive" them. They don't need to seek forgiveness, except for the ones they have wronged or sinned against. God will judge them for thier actions. Unless thier wrongdoings are directed at me or my husband, I don't feel that I should need to forgive them.
    We are just supposed to love them unconditionally.

•  I don't hold grudges towards my children. I've also never had them refuse to ask for forgiveness, or say they are sorry when they are wrong. I'm sure that will come in a few years, I don't know how I will react then because it depends on the situation.

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Yes.

Answer by Lexylex at 8:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Our children make mistakes, that is how they learn lifes lessons and as a parent yes we forgive them ... it's called unconditional love...
    As our children grow into adults their choices will shape their paths...and we hope that we have done our best to lead them in the right direction, but over all it is their lives and as a parent we love our children, young and old unconditionally....

Answer by gmasboy at 8:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Of course I do. They are human so they make mistakes. I don't however condemn them to hell for said mistakes.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010