pregnant and didn't know?

Are there any women out that who were pregnant and didn't know until labor or late in the pregnancy?
I hear it's a lot more common than many know-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My SIL didn't know until about 6 weeks before the baby was born. She has PCOS and it was "normal" for her to not get a period for a long time. She is very tall and had a little extra weight around her belly so it didn't really show and she just thought that she was gaining weight because she wasn't as active as she used to be and she didn't have morning sickness.
    Anonymous

• I was 5 months with my second child before I knew. I was breastfeeding my first exclusively and my period had not returned. I was on the mini-pill. I had been losing weight. I had no sickness or other symptoms. I wasn't showing at all either. I was quite surprised to say the least.
    Anonymous

• My best friend didn't know. She was a huge woman with back problems and on high doses of pain killers. She gained weight but it didn't look like baby weight at all. Then one day she was having horrible back pain and went to the ER. They told her she was having a baby and she couldn't believe it. Everyone was shocked when she showed up a few days later with her new son. So far the baby is showing no signs of damage from the meds she was on. He is 4 now.
    Anonymous

• An older woman I know thought she was going through menopause - even her doctor told her she was - she was 50-something, she'd already had 7 kids and her youngest was 15, her husband had been snipped years before - she found out when she started gaining a little weight around her belly and feeling odd movements and demanded an ultrasound. Baby was born healthy and is now a spoiled rotten 12 year old princess.
    Anonymous