Royal Caribbean Cruises?

I've never cruised before so I wanted to know if this was a good cruise line. Its the cheapest one I could find for our honeymoon. And is everything included like food and all the extras? Of course we're bringing money but depending on how much we are gonna have to spend on the ship we might postpone our honeymoon.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 7:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Travel

• I LOVED taking a RC cruise for my honeymoon. All meals are included, plus there are a variety of snack bars that are free on board. There are also midday buffets, and breakfast buffets. Room service is also included. You have to pay separately for alcohol, and for soda pop. While on board we mostly paid for souvenirs, photos, and the casino if we went. The ship gives you a CC to use. You don't pay for anything in cash on board. You pay your balance when the cruise is done. You can keep track of your spending from the TV in your room. The shore excursions were FABULOUS as well.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I loved RC! We didn't honeymoon, but went when I was 26 weeks pregnant with our youngest ;). Extras you will pay for, if you choose to get them: drinks - everything except water, and soda or juice at mealtimes, but you can buy a "package" that you buy a mug and refill it for "free" the whole cruise - for us it was worth it!; pictures they take of you on board - you can look and don't have to buy any if you don't want to; shore excursions, unless you just shop and walk around, or stay onboard; shopping in the onboard stores; I don't think there was much more than that! There is food available 24-7. I don't know what ship you're looking at, but we went on the 2nd biggest, my BIL's family went on the newest, and we both loved our cruises. Honestly - book RC, you won't regret it! Just for an idea: we bought 2 drink packages, did a little onboard shopping, 2 excursions, no alcohol, no pics, spent maybe $130.
    Anonymous

• I've been on 10 cruises and several on RC. We love RC! Any alcohol, gambling, photos taken by the crew, anything in the shops, the coffee bars, Ben & Jerry's,excursions, the spa treatments,tips and soft drinks are all extra costs. We use our credit card and any charges go onto our card. That way, we are not trying to keep up with cash throughout the cruise. A day or two before the end of the cruise they will put a statement under your door ( you can also check your account on the tv). At the end of the cruise you will go to the purser's office and pay your bill. If you book excursions before you travel, it is MUCH cheaper. On our last cruise, Dh and I went to Costa Maya and went on a 5 hour trip to a secluded beach. It was $35 per person before the cruise and by the time we were on board, it was $75 per person.
    If you have any questions let me know! It's our fave way to travel.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Don't forget either parking or transfers to the ship. Also, tips are charged to your card and you can adjust them at the end. The amount of the tips will be on the website. We typically spend between $500-$700 for onboard charges.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 9:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I really like any cruise!! www.cruisecritic.com has lots of answers to questions!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• just remember you have to tip all your people at the end of the stay. waiter, housekeeping, etc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yes, it can get and be expensive but its also a great time. I thought it was worth it. though:)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2010