how do you stop a 3 yr old from peeing beside the toilet?

My 3 yr old is potty trained but lately he has been peeing on the side of my toilet how can I get him to stop

Kimisue420

Asked by Kimisue420 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• make peeing in the toilet fun for him! Perhaps trying target practice. put a coin or something of the same and have him try to pee on it. He will have fun trying and praise him for peeing in the pot!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• LOL. When you find out let me know. My husband still can't.
    Anonymous

• Yeah when you find out, let me know too... My boy is 8 and still misses. Did the target thing too, and cheerios.. First thing in the morning of late at night is the worst.. Thank God i have my own bathroom..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• they will always miss lol young and old lol.. we used cherrios my son age 4 loves it and one time dh was peeing i went in and threw some cherrios in the toilet..dh said is that a hint i said YUP..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• LOL...I was thinking the same thing..when you find out ,let me know...my 9 year old pees next to the toilet,on the toilet,on the seat...UGH. Everyday battle,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• cherios or fruit loops in the toilet for targets :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i just told my 4 yo to wipe up what misses the toilet tonight. he's not really bad, but i don't want it getting worse. my dh and 1st son are pretty neat too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I wish you the best of luck on this. I live with two 26 year old boys and I can't keep them from missing the toilet either.
    reganjeansmom

Answer by reganjeansmom at 2:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Good luck with that one. My son finally stopped peeing on the floor and he is 13!!! He still gets it all over the lid though. At 4, my son was cleaning the toilet with Clorox wipes. That is still his job to this day and he does an amazing job.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• thank you everyone who replied and to some of you that replied I hope your son or husband finally learns lol. Thank you again for the advise
    Kimisue420

Answer by Kimisue420 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2010