juice

how do i go abouyt juice bottles?? my babby is 8 mths do i need to limitthem to like 1 or 2 a day and can i give him a juice bottle before his formula bottle to keep him content for a bit

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 7:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should always dilute the juice with water. Anyways, I wouldn't do more than like 2 or 3 ounces a day.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Your child does not need juice. It's empty calories and training for an unneeded sweet tooth.
    Anonymous

• Juice should not be in a bottle and I honestly would not give any before 12 months. At the very, very most I'd say 2oz cut with water for a total of 4oz... but again, I wouldn't personally do that regularly... I still don't give juice regularly to my 4 y/o!

And you should never, ever give juice to hold baby off from formula.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My daughter is 11 months and I give her one sippy cup of juice a day. I only give her Mott's for Tots juice as it has less sugar and doesn't have to be mixed with water.

Too much juice can cause diarrhea so it is important to limit it. I don't see a problem with a cup a day though..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• If you would rather....try putting the juice in a sippy cup and give it to him between bottles of formula...like, if he has a bottle every 3 hours, try him with the sippy of juice an hour and a half after bottle..that way he wont be filling up on juice and not wanting the formula. Its a good way to start training with the sippy cup. If I remember correctly..at that age I was giving my daughter about 4 ounces of juice a day,divided up into 2 ounce drinks.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• at my doctors office they say no more than 6 oz a day now, and my daughter is over 2. when she was about 10 months i gave her 1oz of juice in a six oz sippy, w the rest water.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i give my son juice maybe once a week hes 10.5 months old. its not necessary my son likes water just as much i give it to him in a sippy cup.
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It's not NECESSARY, but if you do offer it, water it down a lot, and put in a sippy. Always formula or breastmilk before any solids or other beverages. I'd go no more then 4-6 oz a day.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It is best to wait until 12 months to offer juice. If and when you do give it DO NOT put it in the bottle! Only breastmilk or formula in the bottle (it is a substitute for the breast). Put it in a cup or sipt cup and dilute it 50% juice 50% water. Only a couple of ounces a day.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I would not do a bottle then he won't want a sippy cup. I have been giving juice to son since he was 5 months old but diluted it so much that he likes water too. Why isn't he content after bottles? He probably wants to eat more solids.
    DJsmom0725

Answer by DJsmom0725 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2010