missed relatives-

family politics can get tough- there's been people in my family or families I've known that get 'kicked out' for not being liked, people fought too much, etc.
did anyone regret not having relationships with certain aunts or grandparents or the like due to family conflicts?
I'm not talking about things like someone hurting a child- I mean the stuff like 'the took the baby name we liked' or 'mom always liked her better'-
or 'I just never liked the new husband'
anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No, We always say our family puts the "fun" in dysfuntional and we do have our arguments, sometimes shouting matches, but we come together always if their is a problem in someone's life.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• oH YA, I think everyone has some type of drama in their family. Mine is nuts but only cuz of one person, my sister. She is mean,vicious and spiteful. We all try to love her and be a part of her life anyway. She says my mom was abusive and neglectful (and she wasn't). She tries to get everyone to hate my poor sweet mom. I have finally had it. Last time I talked to her i told her i was done with her, and that if she didn't stop treating my mom like shit, I would hate her forever. If it wasn't for that girl, all the drama would be forgiven and forgotten.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I have siblings that I have tried over the last 30+ years to get along with, and it's been a wasted effort. So on New Year's, I made a resolution to just drop them from my life. I'm a much happier, calmer person, and my DH and son benefit from my decision as well. In my opinion, it isn't my loss, but my sibling's loss!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2010