What would you do if your kid had this note from a teacher on his/her assignment: "-20% for being a loser"

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=18594318

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in

• I cant believe that teacher...Why the F did she choose this career path if she could not handle the challenge. Instead of writing Loser on the grade, she should have scheduled one-on-one time with that student or scheduled a meeting with the parents to discuss possible tutor or after school programs.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I would go down to that school and make her feel like she is 2 inches tall.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Show it to the principal and school board.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• show my ass at the school
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Well of course I would report the teacher to school administration and see that somethng be done about it. I would hope a teacher like this would be fired...but you never know. And changing classrooms would be a necessity because he/she probably wouldn't be teaching my child fairly. Oh, and I didnt read the article, lol.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• HIM not she....lol I didn't read it until I posted my first response lol. Thats crazy I live in Buncombe County. I didn't go to that school though.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• yeah i saw that. this is what i have to say "REDICULOUS!!! FIRE the TEACHER" i do not care if ur "trying to be on their level" its bs, u should be building these students up instead of tearing them down. and i would like to have a tlking to any of these parents that supposedly supported him. if it was their kid repeatedly being harrassed by a teacher, they wouldnt take it sitting down. rediculous.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• definately, suspend that teacher.
    alejandra559

• I saw this. I'd be calling my lawyer and we'd be at the school in a heartbeat! Then we'd be watching the teacher, principal, and school board members squirm in their seats at the meeting(s) and enjoy the whole thing! There is no excuse for a teacher or anyone to insult a child!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:06 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• And parents are defending him? WOW...that's special shit.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2010