•Babies wake up almost every two hours or so, then why say, "sleep like a baby"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with jen. It's not the infant baby, but the slightly older baby, who, once asleep, can be moved from car seat to bed, or couch, or wherever, like a big old sack of potatoes and not wake up. That would be great. I wish I could sleep like that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It's a trick to lure poor unsuspecting people into having children. See they hear that statement they get it into their heads that babies sleep then they procreate and find out it was just a malicious lie and they'll probably not sleep well ever again. CONSPIRACY!!!!!
    Anonymous

• well im gonna brag and say my first baby slept like a log! haha sorry! but i'd have to say when baby's r sleeping it's clear they're very comfy! ... i like what the anon chick said too!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 9:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• The saying is used wrong. I really don't want to sleep fitfully peeing and pooping myself waking up every 2 hours. If someone told me they slept like a baby I would think they had a really bad night.
    Anonymous

• Lol for the same reason there's braile on the drive up atms. Pretty sure if you can't see well enough to read the screen you shouldn't be driving!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Well "baby" is a wide range of age. My middle daughter was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks old and slept like a brick. Nothing could wake her. I wouldn't mind sleeping like that once in awhile. She's 7 now and still sleeps like that. Once she's out she is out and nothing in this world could wake her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2010