Not a question about my lo, but really need advice about this.

I have grown up learning and teaching myself all about femine ways products b/c my mother has not been in my life since I was 8 years old. This month for my period I have been trying out tampons...well the past two times I have put one in it has been burning, almost like a uti. Is this normal, not normal, or what? I know this site is for children and I have a 1 year old boy and use this site to talk to moms about things about him but I just need some advice please on this. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you sure it's in right? I know that I still don't put them in far enough sometimes and it burns. Try taking that one out and pushing the next one in farther with the applicator and then putting the tampon in.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i agree try putting it in a lil further. or try a new brand or something smaller.. u might be rubbing tampon agents the walls and causeing irratation. try sqwatting when u put one in or put leg up on tub and ease it in. i open my legs and sqwat its able to get in deep and dosent hurt. i know how u feel though i tried my first tampon when i was younger all by myself ( age 13. ) now im in my 30's it took a few times till i got use to it and comfortable.. good luck mama..
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you do not have it in right. What brand are you using, and what size? Also, the best way I find to put them in is one foot up on the toilet seat or up on the tub. When in, you shouldnt even feel it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I would try the ones made for teens to start with, they tend to be smaller and easier to get used to. Also if you are bit nervous about it, you might be tightening up down there which can make it more difficult. If your period is light right now it can make it difficult to put in and burn as well. And make sure you are getting it in far enough.
    I remember when I first tried them I had some trouble with it as well... it takes time to get used to it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Try a junior size. And try an unbleached brand

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• try putting in in at an angle that's more toward the back. if you angle it to the front or directly up, you're going to scrape some sensitive spots! also, try a plastic applicator. I myself can only use tampax pearl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2010