What is your first memory about money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Probably being 12 and having to save for my 1st bike which was a Huffy. I don't remember how much it cost, it was 1979, but I worked hard helping my step brother with delivering papers on a paper route and getting the bike was a big deal because I had to go to a bike shop for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• the toothfairy.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 9:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Using change to buy candy in the "candy store". My grandmas candy store had penny candy!!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I dont know how old I was but the first impressionable memory was at a get together at my grandparent's house my great uncle gave me $20. To a little kid it was like $200 dollars, I couldnt believe it and thought he gave it to me by accident lol.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I was about 6 and my great grandma took me downtown to go shopping. We went into a store called WoolWorths and we had lunch in thier cafeteria. I had just lost my two front teeth and this older woman noticed and came to our table,pinched my cheek and said how adorable I was and gave me a quarter. Then the other older people sitting at the other tables called me over to thier tables and asked me to smile and then they too gave me some quarters. First time I ever cheesed it up to make some money, LMAO...man I wish it was that easy now ! haha
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My father took me shopping for a bike. I likes two bikes one was more expensive than the other but he said it didn't matter. So we got the bike and came home. He went up to his office to write in the amount he spent on the bike. You see he had borrowed money from some of us kids for windows, so the cost of the bike was paying it back. Only then he realised he made a mistake. He didn't borrow the money from me, he borrowed it from my sister. So he told me I now owed him $210 and the next day he took it out of my bank account. It was all I had.  It seems to me anytime you think you have money you really don't.  It follows me through my whole life.  Everytime I get a few hundren dollars something breaks down or needs to be replaced.  You never get ahead. 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• that we didn't ever have enough but it didn't seem to matter to my mom....we were fine!! Can't remember anything specific.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i agree with ormom :) i don't remember an exact time but i knew growing up that i shouldn't ask for better because we didn't have it...after i grew up I knew that we did have it but my dad was blowing it away
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 10:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My grandpa used to give me silver dollars. I think I was about 4. My dad would put them away for me in my piggy bank. :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• That when we first had to learn how to count it and learn the difference between dimes, nickels, etc, I just could not grasp the concept (mind you I was in 1st grade.) I remember crying thru so many homework assignments because I just didn't understand!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2010