Put your phones away! It's not worth losing a life-

Yours or anyone elses! Texting, and talking while driving is the stupidest reason for someone to get killed. We all think we can do it and be fine, but really if something happened would you want to be put in jail for murder?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I so agree. There was a commercial that came out not too long ago that graphically showed the images of what could happen and it made me sick. They show a baby in the backseat of a car that was hit, that is dead, and having a baby myself, that really hit home.
    PUT THE PHONES DOWN. IT CAN WAIT.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I just dont understand why it hasnt been banned nationwide. I mean how many times does someone have to die or get killed for the government to finally put their foot down. If anything the government would get more money, because of the tickets they will write to the morons who chose to text.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I fully support dont text and drive, theres is no reason you cant wait to answer a text and if its super important, pull into a parrking lot and answer. its rediculous when some stupid bitch is running me off the road because shes not paying attention and then gives me a dirty look like im the stupid one.

and if you kill someone then its completely your fault unless that person jumped in front of the car
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Yeah I agree with leksis.
    Idk how many times cars have slowly started drifting in my lane because of their phones. It pisses me off so much...uggh.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Now in Seattle you can get pulled over for talking on the phone/texting. But the texting, seriously? HOW CAN YOU TEXT AND DRIVE????? Absurd.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Ok Oprah!! .. Just Kiddin'
    I fully agree! I cant STAND to see people on the phone (talking/texting/dialing)
    One day DH went into walgreens & he parked where we where facing a main busy road in our town... just about every 2-3 cars had phone in hand! IT TICKED ME OFF! REALLY PEOPLE! If 1 person was to screw up & hit someone, just because the other 3 idiots behind him was on the phone may not beable to react fast enough to stop! Oh NOOO Dont drop that expensive Iphone!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• We don't text or talk while we are driving. We have blue tooth for those few times we must talk on the phone while driving which is no different than talking to a passenger. We don't hold the phone and talk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i have told my husband that if anyone ever hit me because they were too busy talking or texting on a cell phone than i would physically shove it up their butts. seriously. because that's just stupid and careless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It always amazes me that someone would drive and text. But, this is no different than passing a guy on I-95 going 75 mph and he is reading Playboy. The issue with talking on the phone doesn't make that much sense to me. I can drive and talk to a person in the car and don't wreck. Talking on the cell phone doesn't seem to be that different. A conversation is a conversation. I can attend to what is in front of me and what is in my ear at the same time. It isn't as distracting as driving and the toddler in the back seat is screaming or the kids are fighting.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2010