I need answers quickly please!!!!

My daughter who is 2 just came up to me and was crying,when i asked what was wrong she said poop and I seen a little in her diaper so I went to change it she was still crying and I did not understand why when I checked it...her bowel movement got stuck and she could not push it out I finally helped her get it out.It was very large and hard and it worries me because it got stuck. She is acting fine now but I dont know if i should go to the hospital or what I can do to help her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's out so it should be fine. keep her hydrated and lots of fruits and veggies.
    Anonymous

• You do not need to take her to the hospital. That happens to EVERYONE! Push fluids, a little water and juice specifically, and see if that solves the problem. If not, you can give her some prunes. If the problem continues, consult her doctor.
    Anonymous

• Just make sure that she is getting plenty of fluids and less of things that will back her up. No need to go to the hospital. If it happens again, call your doctor and follow his/her instructions. That's why someone is on call. I would avoid going to the hospital because you never know what icky illness she could pick up there.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• she's constipated.

ditto the anon above - fluids, fibre, prunes. should get things moving better
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I'm not a Dr .. but I think if she passed it okay and seems fine now that she is okay ... but I would make sure that she has more fiber to keep this from happening again. You could feed her prunes or prune juice, figs .. things like that. This will help soften her "poop" so it doesn't get hard and possible impacted like that again.

If you are really concerned you can always call a hospital and they might help you.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• my step daughter had trouble pooping and we had to supplement her with extra fiber and she has not complained of her bottom hurting her in months. She is 5 so feel the comfort in knowing others deal with this. I would not worry unless she has the problem again. give her lots of fluids(more than you usually give) stay away from apple juice and cheese, those are the two worst for mine.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• dont worry...im sure shes fine....just make sure she drinks a lot of water and eat fiber so it doesnt happen again...
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 12:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You should make some dietary changes for your house:
    Cut way back on meat and dairy
    Drink lots of water
    Eliminate simple/white grains
    Eliminate highly processed sugars, like high fructose corn syrup
    Build meals around whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fruits

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2010