What do I do...

if I don't want my son to have the MMR vaccine? What are the risks involved? And is it even possible to get out of if its required for school? And please don't preach to me about how "safe" vaccines are. I have a gut feeling not to get it done and I don't want to go against it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• please go to nvic.org for more information. they have a list of state requirements. i don't vaccinate my kids for anything. we live in michigan and can legally waive our vac's for medical, religious or philosophical reasons. we download a form from nvic, and it goes into our children's medical records. some schools will supply these forms for you. be prepared for your dr. to oppose your decision. just be armed with knowledge...sometimes it can be difficult to stand up to a doctor. also, i am not sure why you are having doubts about the mmr...but all vaccines have similar ingredients...i would also investigate the one at a time approach toward vaccines...i just want you to be fully aware of your options!
    good luck with your research endeavors!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• That's okay, don't do it if you have a feeling. You can sign a form for religious/medical reasons as to why he's not vaccinated and that should be it. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• homeschool
    Anonymous

• Before you make a decision take the time to thoroughly learn about the diseases that the vaccine protects against. This is an issue that shouldn't be decided on by 'gut feelings.' Educate yourself. Go to the CDC website and read about the documented side effects. Read about the effects of the diseases. Education!!! Then make your decision.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It's my understanding that taking them one at a time is fine just not all three at the same time. Try that
    Anonymous