Did God just reveal a truth to me?

Ok so I was raised Saturday is the sabbath that we have to keep because that is the seal of God. To go to church on Sunday is a nono. So I was contemplating Paul's words about not giving anyone grief for a holiday or sabbath day because within it they are praising the Lord. So that would also mean that going to church on Sunday is not going to send me to hell because within that day I am praising God.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 11:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never thought that God would condem someone to hell for going to church on Sunday.
    Anonymous

• You are so right.....the point is to go, I go every chance I can get.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• That is absolutely Paul's message! I will go to church on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday... whenever there is an opportunity! Not to mention the praise and worship I do within my home, according to those teachings, I could only do that on Saturday also. I like to go on Sundays because it is overall a day of rest and meditation on the Word. I like that things close early so it doesn't tempt us to stay out all day.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Well I was raised that Sunday worship and reverence is the mark of the beast.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Observing the Sabbath on the "wrong" day is not what sends people to hell, rejecting Jesus Christ does. There isn't any one correct Sabbath, you attend your church whenever they have services.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• rhanford that is correct... the key here is it doesnt matter what day you worship , He wants you to worship Him daily yet still gather and fellowship with others any day.

If I could Id gather and fellowship everyday!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You are correct. APPLAUSE for reading your bible and not just sticking to what you learned from someone else!!!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I think He might have what is the reference? Try a Southern Baptist church
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I so agree with missbreezy on looking into your Bible instead of just believing what someone tells you it says and it's backed by Scripture
    ACTS 17:11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes‧sa‧lo‧ni′ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You can go to church any day. And you can worship God anywhere.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2010