Ex's family called child protective services on me?

My last post on here was regarding my ex's sister being so shady towards me. My baby is now 1 and half months old. His sister came to see me in the hospital, probably just to see if i had another male in there with me or to see if the baby actually looked like her brother. She would offer to watch the baby then turn around and say she couldnt. When I first met her I got a feel for how she is. She's very smart and coniving. Anyways this past tuesday i get a knock on my door and it was cps to do an investigation regarding a report they received. in the report it said that i was using drugs with the baby in the car. Which is completely false because I have never done a drug in my life. The worker told me that the person called back a few times to see if anything was done about the report. I knew his sister had something up her sleeve. Now I'm ready to move out of state just to get away from this craziness?? can i leave rite now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• If there is a case open, on you then I don't beleive you can move until the case is closed..
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 11:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• you can leave when ever you want.
    CPS didnt say they were coming back did they?
    As long as everything was fine you can leave when ever you want but if it was your Ex SIL then where ever you move she can continue to call CPS but after so many times of them being called out to you and they find nothing wrong the will leave you alone
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry! I hope all this passes for you and yeah, i'd get away as fast as I can from them...or at least move and not have your info listed!
    Anonymous

• you CAN leave, but if the case if open you'll look very guilty. If you didn't do anything wrong, it'll blow over.

I once had a little old lady neighbor who called because we are Atheists- she said that I was a satan worshiping witch who sold my childrens souls... the social worker actually kind of laughed about it. The world is not going to end, if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I know i did nothing wrong but the problem is that they will do anything to get their brothers kid from me. she has already gotten custody of her sisters two daughters and her nephews son who is 3. I spoke with the 3 year olds mother tonight just to see what happened and the sil took the 3 year old on vacation then came back and went to court an said she had him for a certain amount of days and she was entitled to rights of him all behind the mothers back. That to me is just down right grimey. She doesnt scare me but what bothers me is she thinks she can do this to me and i wont get back at her. These are my children she's messing with and one isnt even related to her. I want to move somewheres where this family wont have a clue. I dont need this, I'm still trying to recover from my cesarian section and can barely get any sleep. I feel like she kicked me while i was down or at least sleep deprived.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• oh yeah and will the case be transfered to that state or will i still have to deal with the same worker..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• This is the crap I worry about my ex's family doing. I basically have him looking real bad though now so if i ever get them knocking at my door I will know its them and just file more harassment charges. People do these things when they feel they cannot get their way. They have always wanted to take this baby from me cause i refused to stay with him. They all have control issues and cannot take rejection. Sad sad people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry, but lol at Obbydobbie! She actually told them that you "sold your children's souls???" How did she presume they would prove that? By finding your contractual agreement with satan in a desk drawer? I know it was a bad situation...but she sounds so crazy it's kind of funny.

and OP... I would imagine if they are required to search your home further a new caseworker would need to be assigned if you moved far away...but if it's closed for now then you should be free and clear. I hate when people play dirty like that for no good reason. I'm sorry you are dealing with such a thing so early in your child's life. Good luck to you.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• let them investigate..if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. I would not leave state until you get a letter stating the case is officially unfounded and closed though. If you just up and leave that may make you look guilty.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 12:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Tell them, to go for it.......................

.againist the law to file a FALSE REPORT......
    .
    TELL THE LADY, YOU ARE SICK OF IT !!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2010