Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's father is harassing me via email and on my cell phone. Can I get some type of restraining or harassment order against him?

Mind you, I have blocked him and all his friends from my online and email accounts but changing my cell phone number IS NOT an option (personal reasons- which I could but I can't at any cost). He lives in another state BUT he has threatened on multiple accounts to take my baby (he has the means to travel), hurt me while verbal assaulting me each and every day!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • save and print the emails and take them to the police department and you can get a restraining order on him

    Answer by rochellecole at 12:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

  • One word. Yes and do it now before things get even worse. I have been there and done that and it was the best thing I ever did. Now he is ordered to pay child support and has supervised visitation through the courts he cannot go anywhere without this child or thats grounds for kidnapping. BTW many people do not know this but if you were never married than you are the custodial parent and if he takes the baby ever without permission it is automatic kidnapping. It is sad people do not know the laws.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

  • Yes you can. I had a friend who was going through the same thing. She saved all of the voicemails he left her, and printed out all the emails and letters he wrote her. Took him to court, and he actually went to jail for awhile because his threats were so severe. I don't know if they would go that far, but I am 100% sure you would get a restraining order granted and maybe other things. As long as you have proof of what he's being doing/saying to you, contact a lawyer and they will take you from there.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

  • like other people say save all e-mails print them out and save all text messages and when you get your satement keep that and highlight all the times he called and take it to the police

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

  • i agree with everyone here i been there and done that as well my son father also threatend to take my son from me and called me names told me i was fat and i need to lose wight and just to let ya know my son was 2 months old at this point,

    Answer by elias1mamma22 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

  • YOu need to check with your local laws. I know back where I grew up harassment was not illegal unless it turned violent and they harmed you physically,.


    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

  • save the messages and take them to the court housre and file for a restraining order.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.