Tonight I wanted to see John michael montgomery, my DH said he didn't want to and you wanna know why?

because the songs were songs between him and his ex wife.....I do not care, it's no big deal to me...however to him he just doesn't want to go,he won't admit why but I know why.
You see when we deciding our first song as a couple for our first dance kinda thing I mentioned quite a few john michael song's and he said they wouldn't work because him and his last wife,,,well they were their special songs.
I sat whatever and get over it, we have been together for 6 yrs now. The songs that I once had for other guys no longer have feeling or meaning...so since he won't take me to see John michael montgomery, is that a clue he still carries feelings for the ex wife?
I'm just mad because he never takes me out and we could have gotten tickets cheap through my daughters work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• if he loves you and wants to be with you then that's the main point. But we spend so much time thinking that men have no feelings for the pasts when they break up with us, I'm touched to see proof that there are some that do.

if you'd been the ex wife and you knew that he held songs by that singer sacred, then you would be touched.
    it doesn't mean that she's a threat, she was his wife and I think it says something about him as a man that he feels this way.
    I think he's a good man and that concert was just one concert- there will be other cheap tickets for things-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It sux but honestly, there are certian songs that I won't listen to because they remind me of an Ex. Even though I am happily married and totally over the ex there is still an emotional tie to those songs,that bring up memories that can at times be painful, So I'd rather just avoid the songs. Some people have songs with another and it's nothing more, however to some people that song can bring them back to a certian time or place and bring up past hurts and emotions that they don't really want to relive.If you wanted to go that badly maybe you should have gotten a friend or even your daughter to go along with you, it may seem silly to you, but obviously it's a big deal to hubby.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It depends. Is it because it would still be painful for him to hear those songs and think of his ex OR is it because he finds it weird to associate those songs with you when he already associated them with his wife. I think the second reason is valid and I wouldn't want an SO to associate songs with me that he had already applied to someone else emotionally. Why not suggest going somewhere else? If you just wanted to go somewhere, I don't see why there shouldn't be a compromise.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I assume his ex-wife had a vagina that he used occasionally, and your ownership and his subsequent use of a very similar vagina has not resulted in weepy whiny shenanigans. I sounds to me as if your husband is a fan of Crackhead Logic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It might just seem weird to him to associate songs with you that he once associated with his ex. There are a few songs that make me think of my ex, and I'd love nothing better than to be able to run him over with a car, back up and do it again. But I wouldn't want to associate those songs with my boyfriend, b/c that would just seem odd to me.

But...if you really think he still has feelings for her, why don't you sit down with him and talk to him? Tell him what your thoughts are and see what he says. Granted, it's not likely he'll say, "yes, honey, I'm still madly in love with her", but you might get a clue from his reaction to your statements.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I've never had an issue with my husband still holding some things sacred with his ex. I know he loved her and will always care for her. What came before had nothing to do with you. Love the man and respect his past. Find something else to do with your husband. Make your own new songs!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2010